Experience premier southern hospitality at the Historic Brookstown Inn with our unique and bountiful amenities. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is eager to make your stay a truly extraordinary experience. We are a living museum of history, art, and treasure in downtown Winston-Salem.
We know that everyone has a routine and that may involve a trip to the gym sometime during the day. So we offer a fundamental exercise facility to make your stay more comfortable. Our fitness center has a treadmill, stationary bike, a universal machine, and an elliptical trainer. The facility is open 24 hours a day and is key activated. It also includes a full-size bathroom with shower.
For the guest who loves to work, we have a business center that includes high-speed internet as well as a printer, copier, and fax machine. These are accessible to our guests 24 hours a day and are located in the parlor.
Our welcoming and resourceful Front Desk staff is available to assist you with any and every need or request:
- General hotel information and history
- Restaurant reservations and recommendations
- Information on Winston-Salem including brochures and directions
- Sightseeing and tour information
- Individual needs and interests
- Dry cleaning and guest laundry
- Wake-up calls
Reserving transportation and/or taxi services
Every morning, we offer a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests. We believe breakfast is the best meal of the day and we hope you’ll spend it with us. Enjoy a traditional Southern breakfast with buttermilk biscuits, eggs, bacon, and more! Breakfast is served weekdays 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. and weekends 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Join us in the Parlor for our nightly wine and cheese reception from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. This is a relaxing way to unwind for the evening and learn about the history of our Inn. Guests will enjoy a complimentary glass of our house wine paired with a cheese plate each night of your stay at the Historic Brookstown Inn!
Set behind a sliding private door from the J Burns Boardroom, or past the Grand Ballroom entrance of the Historic Brookstown Inn, the Cotton Mill Lounge offers a jazz lounge vibe and features a full-service bar and vinyl tunes. Dark and swanky with rich wood accents and a grand bar, soft seating, and lighting accents, this is a great hideaway from the daily enterprise.
For the child in everyone, we offer freshly baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies with a nice cold glass of milk each night.
Our Green Initiative
Here at The Historic Brookstown Inn we are doing our part to improve the environment by finding ways to decrease our carbon footprint.
During renovations, we restored and re-purposed what we already had instead of buying new products. Using local businesses, we were able to work together to improve our historic property:
- BRV Mold Removal helped remediate the property as well as refinishing our main building bathrooms, lobby and sales office, and Executive Suites!
- Double Hung Historic Window Restoration restored our windows with approval from Preservation North Carolina.
- We refinished existing furniture.
- Installed energy efficient shower heads, sink faucets, and toilets.
- Our Archive Essential shampoo and soap line uses recycled plastic containers.
- We refinished the original pine hardwood flooring from 1837.
- Custom-made front desk by local wood artisan Russ Trembly, made with local walnut and sweet gum trees.