Last Update May 17, 2021
Dear Valued Guest,
At the Historic Brookstown Inn, we are continuously monitoring the development of COVID-19 to inform our decisions. Our number one priority is the well-being, health and safety of our guests and team members. To secure just that, we have put procedures in place so that you, our guest, can feel safe when staying at the Historic Brookstown Inn. We are following North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, and we intend on practicing safe standards for guests and staff, while doing what we can to provide outstanding accommodations.
With safety as our top priority, we are taking every precaution for our guests to feel safe when visiting the Historic Brookstown Inn. Please see below for details regarding the steps we are taking to continue to ensure the safety and well-being of our hotel guests and team members.
Under his most recent executive order, Governor Roy Cooper has lifted all capacity limits, social distancing requirements, and most mask mandates for the state of NC.
Clean, Clean, Clean
Currently, the hospitality industry is changing and adapting to a new normal. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Historic Brookstown Inn is being even more vigilant in our cleaning and sanitation practices. Our practices are based on guidance from the CDC and NCDHHS, as well as, our local health inspectors.
- Masks required in common areas of the Hotel where social distancing is not possible
- Maintain social distance in common areas of Hotel
- Increased public space sanitation including making hand sanitizer available to guests throughout public spaces and hourly disinfection of public areas and the surfaces within them.
- Increased guestroom sanitation including removing all reusable collateral and reading material from rooms, removing extra pillows and blankets stored in closets, and focusing housekeeping attention on disinfecting every surface within a guestroom such as desks, counters, phones, TV remotes, thermostats, cabinets, doors, restroom hardware, windows, lighting controls and closet hangers.
- By request assignment of room that has been vacated 24 hours
- Bell Carts are sanitized after each usage
The Cotton Mill Lounge at the Historic Brookstown continues to be open only to private reservations. Call (336)-725-1120 and ask for Allison Watts to make reservations.
Promoting health screening measures for employees
We continue to pre-screen employee’s temperature and assess symptoms prior to them starting work. The Historic Brookstown Inn is providing cloth masks and gloves for the employees as well. We have increased focus on wearing a mask, social distancing, and disinfecting workspaces. If an employee becomes sick during the day, we will send them home immediately and follow NCDHHS and CDC guidelines.
We thank you in advance for your support, understanding and cooperation during these unique times. We sincerely hope you have a pleasant stay with us!
Yours in hospitality,